Artificial Intelligence is everywhere!
I can’t go on social media without seeing a discussion about AI. Some view it as the next best thing since sliced bread (I know, it’s an old adage…but so am I). While others view it as the antichrist.
Instead of engaging in one of these emotionally charged conversations, I decided to try it out for myself.
I signed up for ChatGPT about 2 months ago. It was really simple and free!
With nothing but a blank bar on the page (picture the Google bar), I typed in my first question: “what should I do if my back hurts?”
I admit, I was pretty shocked how quickly I got my answer (it was a matter of seconds). And what it told me to do was more or less, spot on. Check it out:
If your back hurts, you may consider the following steps:
- Rest: Give your back a break by avoiding physical activity that may have caused the pain.
- Ice or heat therapy: Apply an ice pack for 20-30 minutes to reduce inflammation and relieve pain or use a heating pad to relax tense muscles.
- Over-the-counter pain medication: Take ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or other pain relievers to reduce pain and swelling.
- Gentle stretching and exercises: Light stretching and strengthening exercises can help to relieve back pain and improve flexibility.
- Good posture: Practice good posture habits to reduce strain on your back.
- See a doctor: If the pain does not improve after a few days, or if it is accompanied by other symptoms such as fever, muscle weakness, or numbness, it’s important to see a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
It’s always best to consult a healthcare professional if you are experiencing persistent or severe back pain.
Since I do a blog weekly, I started to ask ChatGPT questions on topics that are important to my audience…private practice owners. I asked ChatGPT about how to create an amazing patient experience, tips on hiring and retention and strategies to improve one’s leadership capabilities.
And just like with determining what to do with back pain, it only took ChatGPT seconds to type out the answers.
I decided to get a little more creative. I asked my new chatbot friend to provide titles for my blogs, social media post suggestions and even quotes that align with the blog topics.
In the past month, I have done a webinar, podcast and have written 2 blogs, including this one. I have used AI to help me research content, suggested titles and even provide supporting research for the blog I did on emotional intelligence.
Is it faster than if I did all of the research and content writing myself? Absolutely!
Will I continue to use ChatGPT to help me with my marketing strategies including content marketing? Yes.
Will I have AI write my blogs for me and more or less copy and paste the content? No way!
The one thing AI will never do (although overtime it may get close) is to speak in my authentic voice. What separates me from everyone else is…well, me! It isn’t the content I spew or the facts I regurgitate.
It’s my personal stories and unique ability of how I see the world around me.
And that is true for you too.
I think of AI, like ChatGPT, as a tool. Actually, I think of it as a powertool. I can build a house with a hammer, nails and saw, or I can choose to build a house using a nail gun and a circular saw.
I’d rather use power tools. It’s faster and much easier.
If you’re looking to incorporate ChatGPT into your overall content marketing strategy, here’s what I suggest:
- Play with it for a while. Get comfortable with asking questions and seeing what you get in return
- Use it to flesh out ideas of blogs or social posts.
- Use it to help you with intriguing titles or subject lines.
- Do not use the content verbatim.
- Make sure the feel and tone of the content is uniquely yours. Everyone will eventually be using some type of AI to generate content. What will stand out is your authentic voice.
If you ask me if I think using ChatGPT as a tool for helping you save time, money and energy on creating marketing content like blogs, newsletters, social posts, quotes, etc, I would say “yes” do it.
But like anything else, you need to decide what works best for you!
If you would like to schedule a Discovery Call to find out how to break free from the administrative chaos and build a business that sets you free, schedule a call with me HERE